Health Benefits of Turmeric and Curcumin! Turmeric is a plant that is widely grown in India, Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Jamaica, Haiti, and Peru. India is the largest exporter of turmeric. The botanical name of turmeric is Curcuma longa.
Turmeric is amongst the effective nutritional supplement that nature has provided us with. The most active substance in turmeric is curcumin. Curcumin has so many medicinal properties that are beneficial to human health.
Health Benefits of Turmeric and Curcumin Includes:
1. Anti–Inflammatory and anti–oxidation properties – Like I earlier said turmeric contains a very proficient substance called curcumin. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidation properties. Although curcumin is slowly and poorly absorbed into the blood other natural substances like black pepper can help enhance absorption. It reduces acute or chronic inflammation.
2. Curcumin (In Tumeric) – Helps to ward off foreign invaders in our body and also plays a good role in repairing damaged tissues.
3. Brain-Booster – Curcumin helps to improve memory by increasing the level of a brain hormone called brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). This hormone is a type of growth hormone. Curcumin also helps to fight different brain degenerative processes.
Read Also: 10 Foods That Boost the Immune System
4. Lowers risk of Heart Disease – Heart disease is one of the common causes of death in the world. Research has shown that curcumin helps reverse some steps in the heart disease process. Also, curcumin enhances the function of the endothelium (lining of the blood vessels) and endothelium dysfunction is the main factor that facilitates heart disease. Also, curcumin decreases inflammation and oxidation in the heart.
5. Prevention of Cancer – We all know how deadly cancer can be. Curcumin can be used as a herbal treatment for cancer because it affects and slows down the growth and spread of cancer cells.
6. Prevention of Alzheimer’s disease – Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative disease and also a leading cause of dementia. No effective treatment is available for this disease yet, therefore, prevention is our best chance against this disease. Inflammation and oxidation are some of the many factors that facilitate this disease and curcumin is effective against inflammation and oxidation. Also, the buildup of protein tangles known as amyloid plaques is a major factor in this disease, and research has shown that curcumin can clear off these plaques.
7. Treatment of Arthritis – Arthritis is a very common inflammatory disease that involves inflammation of joints. Curcumin as an excellent anti-inflammatory substance can be used to treat Arthritis.
8. Delay Aging – Curcumin according to research done is said to be used as an anti-aging agent. It can be added to cosmetics and cream.
9. Decreases Anxiety and Depression – Curcumin may help to increases hormones involved in mood elevation.
Remember that curcumin is not easily absorbed in the bloodstream and therefore should be taken with caution and taken with other natural substances that can aid absorption
Please leave comments about this article. Tell us how much it has helped out
Stay safe! Stay healthy!